what do you want to do?

cleaning (5) craft (26) DIY food (7) niftyman (4) nondairy (18) vegan (11)

Monday, October 14, 2013

Microwave Vegan Frosting

OK, this one's for Chloe, who spent nearly half an hour making vegan frosting for my birthday cake. Two ingredients, it's Phoebe friendly, and it takes five minutes. It doesn't get better than that. I made a test cake for her birthday in a 6"-round pan. I cut the cake into three layers and this was enough frosting for each layer--I didn't frost the sides though. If you need an easy cake to hold your easy frosting, I used our go-to vegan chocolate cake recipe:

http://niftynest.blogspot.com/2012/03/vegan-chocolate-cake.html

Ingredients:
1-1/3 c (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c almond milk (or soy milk)

Microwave milk on high for 1 minute. Pour over chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

We're animals! Managed to get
a shot of last piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment