Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream



Have you seen those impressive vegan ice cream recipes where (a) there's only one ingredient: bananas and (b) they do it w/o an ice cream maker? Turns out the secret is freezing the bananas and then grinding them up in a food processor. The recipes caution that the process can take some time and much scraping until you get the right consistency. Not one to overexert myself in any way, I thought, Hey, I have an ice cream maker. I wonder if I could simply puree the bananas and throw it into the machine. It works!


Step 1: Puree 4 bananas to yield 2 cups.

Step 2: Pour into ice cream maker.

Step 3: After 20 mins, voila!

So creamy and scoopable!

Phoebe friendly!

Even Miss I-Only-Eat-Real-Ice-Cream Chloe likes it.

No added sugar = puppy friendly!

Finally, Luna gets to eat our food.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete