Tuesday, August 9, 2011

J. Crew Coddington Platform Pumps



We attended a wedding this past weekend. I finally had an occasion to wear my J. Crew platform pumps and I'm happy to report my feet have no complaints. These pumps, which have a 4-1/4-inch heel and a 3/4-inch platform, make my short legs look long and put me almost at my husband's height. I like being slightly over 5' 9"!

Zehavale Summer-Grown Dress
J. Crew Coddington Suede Platforms

Although I'll admit that my back hurt the next day--but that's probably because I'm not accustomed to wearing such high heels, or maybe I'm just getting old--my feet didn't hurt at all! As with most J. Crew shoes, the Coddington is made in Italy with super-soft leather. They sell for $228. Ouch, right? Not if you stalk the sale tab at jcrew.com. I bought mine in the spring when the black suede went on sale for $159.99. I waited for the additional 30% off sale items before I pounced. Now that we're heading into fall, the leather model is currently on sale. As of this morning, the black suede costs $175--the price of my shoes appreciated!

These look great with dresses as well as the J. Crew minnie cropped pant. J. Crew recommends ordering a half size larger than your normal size. I agree. I'm happy to report the Coddington has earned a spot next to my other J. Crew favorites: the ballet flats and the capri sandal. Hurray for comfy shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment